Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Still Hate Polls

This post from the Washington Post's blog The Fix reminds me of why I don't like polls. It suggest, citing polls, the Democrat base is fired up: It reads in part:
The most striking finding in the Pew poll was the comparisons between Democratic and Republican energy levels in the last midterm election year and today. In 2002, 40 percent of Democrats said they were enthusiastic about voting in the fall while 44 percent of Republicans said the same thing. Four years later, 51 percent of Democrats said they were enthused while just 33 percent of Republicans said the same.
This is one of the reasons I hate polls. If I were polled and asked whether I was "enthusiastic" to vote or not, I'd say "not." Does that mean I'm not going to vote? No. I'm not happy about a lot of things the Republicans have and haven't accomplished, but that certainly doesn't mean I'm doing to sit it out and suffer the consequences. I suspect that most of the Republican base feels the same.

1 comment:

Jim said...

No posts today of all days? For shame!