Thursday, March 22, 2007

R.I.P., Larry "Bud" Melman

Calvert Deforest, better known as Larry "Bud" Melman from the David Letteran show, has passed away. He was 85.

Here's one of his classic skits (via American Spectator) handing out hot towels at a bus station. This is back when Letterman used to be funny.

I can remember watching Letterman as a kid and I always loved his show. It's a shame he's such a ass now, but nothing stays the same. Larry "Bud" Melman was always one of my favorites because I never could tell if he was an actor doing a skit or just an ordinary guy. Of course, he was an ordinary guy and seemed like a sweet fellow with a great since of humor.

See you on the other side "Bud" and thanks for the laughs.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I've got to get a pair of those glasses!

Something funny, political, thought you might like it.... eases my mind some:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-0703220084mar22,1,7469878.column?coll=chi-news-col