Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Vileness at the Huff

I read today with heavy heart that Tony Snow is going to have to battle cancer once again. Tony Snow has always been one of my favorites and I was one of people cheering when he decided to take the job as White House Press Secretary. So, after saying a prayer for his recovery I turned my attention to The Huffington Post. After all of the vile comments wishing Dick Cheney had been killed in an assassination attempt and the uproar that followed, I wanted to see how the Huff would handle this one. Alas, it didn't take long to find the vile hatred that consumes so much of the Left these days. Here's a pleasant chap named Charles Karel Bouley and some of what he had to say:
I admit my bias shows with these stories. I hear about Tony Snow and say to myself, well, stand up every day, lie to the American people at the behest of your dictator-esque boss and well, how could a cancer NOT grow in you. Work for Fox News, spinning the truth in to a billion knots and how can your gut not rot? I know, it's terrible. I admit it. I don't wish anyone harm, even Tony Snow. And I do hope he recovers or at least does what he feels is best and surrounds himself with friends and family for his journey. But in the back of my head there's Justin Timberlake's "What goes around, goes around, comes around, comes all the way back around, ya.."
Thank goodness he makes it clear he hopes Tony recovers.

What is it with these people and their hatred? It is well known that in a town of cut throat ruthlessness, Tony Snow is one of the genuinely nice guys. Widely admired and even liked by the Washington Press Corp, some of the most jaded people on Earth. But to the Left, because you disagree with his political viewpoints you think cancer should be a natural occurrence? And the Right is supposed to be the one dividing the country, spreading hatred, and intolerant? Go figure.

No comments: