Wednesday, February 08, 2006

As The (Muslim) World Turns

The Danish Cartoon drama continues (who ever thought you could have drama over cartoons?). It's now becoming obvious that the controversy has been mostly contrived and fanned by radicals with State backing. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said as much today. None of this is really surprising, but the debate I find interesting is between those who are arguing for freedom of the press and western values and those who believe that it was an irresponsible action and has only handed the radicals more propaganda.

I rarely find myself in disagreement with Hugh Hewitt, but this is one of those instances. He has argued from the beginning that it was a mistake. He had a discussion with Joe Carter, Michael Medved, and Dennis Prager on the issue and it's very interesting -- check it out at Radio Blogger.

By the way, I heard an interview with Pat Buchanan on Sean Hannity this afternoon and Pat has taken Hugh's side in this argument. I think that's all the proof I need that I'm on the right side of this issue.

No comments: