Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Funeral

Partisan ON:
Great! Once again the democrats take the occasion of a funeral to show their true colors. With their disgusting antics on display for everyone to see, they'll turn off many Democrats and push the moderates out of the party. Their pathological contempt for the President is pushing them off the edge of the cliff and their steady march towards self destruction continues.

Partisan OFF:
I feel sick. Is this what has become of them? I've watched and listened to Democrat talking heads trying to justify the truly perverse behavior of Joseph Lowery and President Carter today at the funeral of Coretta Scott King. When the Democrats held a political rally at the funeral of Paul Wellstone, I found their behavior abhorring, but at the same time understood some of the raw emotion on display. There is no excuse now.

I'm disgusted by what I saw today. I hope some in the loyal opposition tomorrow will take a deep breathe and gather themselves, though I doubt they will.

No comments: